David,

I don't actually use Trinidad yet, so I can only point you at the
theory rather than the practice.

However, using the Tomahawk components (which I believe were based on
the Trinidad ones), this works fine:

        <sandbox:subForm id="chooseForm">
                <h:selectOneListbox
                        size="10"
                        value="#{bean.item}">
                        <f:selectItem
                                itemValue="#{bean.nullSelectItemOptionValue}"
                                itemLabel="&lt;No selection&gt;" />
                        <t:selectItems
                                value="#{bean.itemChoiceList}"
                                var="item"
                                itemLabel="#{item.code} - #{item.description}"
                                itemValue="#{item}" />
                        <sandbox:submitOnEvent for="execute" />
                </h:selectOneListbox>
                <h:commandButton id="execute"