On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 04:15:16PM +0200, Nadav Har'El wrote:
.
.
> I explained why -g is needed for the last part of the gprof output, which
> for each function tells you which file it comes from. This part is wrong
> if you don't compile with -g (try it!), and this part is very useful when
> you profile a program or library with many identically-named static functions
> (e.g., openssl - one of the most obfuscated libraries I've seen).
.
.

I thought the OpenSSL source (especially internal API's) was totally
beautiful... Obviously we have very different tastes :) Takes a
while to understand its abstractions, but they make perfect sense
when you consider what they are meant for. Rather GNUish in their C
code-reuse fanaticism, I thought.