On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 07:34:28PM +0300, Nadav Har'El wrote:

> I think that one day I should write a rebuttal article titled "Reply-To
> Munging Considered the best invention since sliced bread" ;)

All of the things for which you want Reply-To: overwriting enabled can
and should be done with the Mail-Followups-To: header. That's the header
that specifies where list replies and ongoing thread discussions are
supposed to go to. This is /not/ what Reply-To: is meant for; Reply-To:
specifies a different /return address/. In many common circumenstances
overwriting Reply-To: leads to the same results as overwriting
Mail-Followups-To:, but not in all of them.

You can just enable Mail-Followup-To: on your mailer (which fully
supports it).