THE LINUX-IL MAILING LIST, OVER FIVE YEARS AGO:

    > I've downloaded coj.zip, then used unzip to unpack it
    > but I wasn't able to run it

    My dearest not soon to be extinct dodo,

      You have sent one question to the list, asking WHERE to find coj. This
    question would have been answered to your full satisfaction had you
    bothered to conduct the simplest web search. Nevertheless, you chose to
    bother the list and the list answered.

      Now you ask another question. Namely (from the subject line) - "whats
    next?" (sic).

      I can tell you what next. In many many words. However, I've just had a
    bottle of coke and am feeling benign.

      Therefore, take the file. Unzip it. Print it on punched tape. Insert
    tape up anus. Sit back and enjoy the warm feeling that you have mastered
    a computer subject.

            -- Marc A. Volovic on linux-il, 19 Jan, 1997

THE LINUX-IL MAILING LIST, TODAY:

    Have you ever wished to be able to dumbfound a newbie with a single
    reply? Have you ever felt frustrated by the difficulty of
    articulating flames as offensive and as derogatory as to which
    certain list members invariably make themselves entitled? Or perhaps
    you long for the return of the good old days on linux-il, when "a
    problem" actually implied "a challenge", when "a question" actually
    implied "a trigger for collective expansion of knowledge", and when
    "a flame" actually implied "five-year psychotherapy"?

    Long no longer!

    PRESENTING: the uncut, unabridged, untranslated and uncensored
    "Marc A. Volovic complete flame fortune file collection", fit for
    public consumption and available now!

    - Please YOURSELF: enjoy Marc A. Volovic in the privacy of your own
      home.

    - Be a source of unease and hurt feelings to your online surroundings
      wherever you go: tap into Marc A. Volovic's vast resources of
      tried-and-true sneering eloquence.

    - Amuse your friends, perplex your colleagues, astound your customers
      and investors with each outgoing mail: add the "Marc A. Volovic
      complete flame fortune file collection" to your .sig file.

    Do not wait for the last minute. Download the collection TODAY from
    http://adi.stav.org.il/mav-flame.tar.gz .
    Usage: fortune mav-flame.fortune