From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Stefan
Folkerts
Sent: Monday, September 19, 2016 8:43 AM
To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] disadvantages / limitations to using Exchange restores
from VE backup?

Nobody using this and willing to share some experiences?

On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 6:18 PM, Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folke...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks Lee but I would think those are more VE issues in general and
> not really specifically related to using VE backups for Exchange restores
> right?
>
> I'm wondering what experiences people have with using VE data for
> Exchange restores via the "open .edb file" option in the Exchange TDP.
>
> On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 2:07 PM, Lee, Gary <g...@bsu.edu> wrote:
>
>> The major things I've run into are
>>
>> 1. if vmware is using nfs for its storage, after a vmotion, the next
>> backup of that vm will be a full, including unused disk space. CBT
>> doesn't work.
>>
>> 2. same as one, but occurs if disk volumes are added.  Same cause.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments are for the
exclusive and confidential use of the intended recipient. If you are not
the intended recipient, please do not read, distribute or take action in
reliance upon this message. If you have received this in error, please
notify us immediately by return email and promptly delete this message
and its attachments from your computer system. We do not waive
attorney-client or work product privilege by the transmission of this
message.