From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU] On Behalf Of Karel
Bos
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:20 AM
To: ADSM-L@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: [ADSM-L] Lanfree restore fails when STA has no path to lib containing
data

Hi,

We have a tsm 6.2 server with 3 libs. Lib A hold copypool, B hold data migrated
from disk pool and C hold lanfree backup data.

Customer reports rman restore fails. Looking at the error log it reports "data
currently not available on server". Looking at the client config it had beem
configured to write to dp instead of lib C.

We set enable lanfree to no and sure enough restore started running over lan.

In the past we had to place our copy pool vols to offsite to prevent sta's from
failing restore from copy vols due to not having paths to that library. Same
seems to go for prim data.

Why isnt the client/sta failing back to lan restore (same with path
failures) if the only possible path available is lan?