On Wed, 2004-12-22 at 07:56 +0100, allan juul wrote:
> it would be cool if it somehow somehwhere were more "visible" for everybody.
> for instance, if ASF on the menu on http://apache.org/ had a big fat checked
> mark and the words "Apache2 compatible" next to Perl, Jakarta or which ever
> was
> compatible with Apache2 (obviously many of these menuitems are not httpd-
> related)

PHP is just as compatible with apache 2 as mod_perl 2 is.  The threading
problems are in the libraries, which is where Perl's threading problems
are as well.

> btw, what defines a "sister project" - why isn't mod_perl a sister and why is
> PHP?

"Sister project" means "not an Apache project."  mod_perl is an Apache
project, which is why we get to send out an ASF press release, and PHP
doesn't.

- Perrin