Peter Scott wrote:

When I wanted a wiki I considered MediaWiki but went with TWiki because it
is pure perl, doesn't require a database, and AFAICT has just as many
capabilities as MediaWiki.  Plus it was a lot easier for me to write
plugins and ancillary applications for given my level of Perl expertise vs
my level of PHP expertise, which may be a factor for other folk
maintaining your wiki.

I wouldn't trust TWiki on a "open to the public" site.

When Socialtext releases their beta I'm planning to play with it and likely setup an instance for the perl community (FWIW).

If it is like their hosted system, then it will make it easy to make different "work spaces" for different (sub)communities.

Most importantly then I'll feel reasonably safe that the code won't implode on us, and if it does then there'll be several paid maintainers only an IM away. :-)

 - ask