Like I replied to Joel's post...

There's plenty of buzz about Perl. See our freshly released website http://perlbuzz.com/

From our "Why Perlbuzz?" page at http://perlbuzz.com/why- perlbuzz.html :

--quote--
We hear it all the time: "Is Perl still around? I thought that everyone moved on to (PHP, Ruby, whatever)" In fact, Perl 5 is alive and kicking, and plenty of people are using it, creating new cool stuff all the time. There's constant activity, but it doesn't get as much mindshare as some of the newer sexy languages out there. That's a shame, and we're here to fix that.
--endquote--

There's a lot going on. It's just not as sexy as being able to write CRUD apps in half an hour.

And I don't think it's a waste of time to talk about Perl. Indeed, why else would one be on an advocacy list?

xoxo,
Andy

--
Andy Lester => [EMAIL PROTECTED] => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance