Hi Benjamin,

Let me confirm with engineering about this too.
If possible, I think we should avoid adding millions of keywords just to
get systemServingStatus.
That put unnecessary burdens on the API servers and also waste your rate
limits. :)

Best,
Thanet, AdWords API Team

On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 5:39:28 PM UTC+9, Benjamin Morel wrote:

> Hi Thanet,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I've run a few tests, and it looks like the search
> volumes are more likely to be returned if the keywords have been sitting
> there in my account for some time, so unless I missed something, it would
> look as if the search volumes are tied to the account, not global. This
> seems to be very different from the systemServingStatus, which according to
> my tests is not dependent on account history, and not dependent on campaign
> country/language targeting either.
>
> So I guess what I'm really interested is the systemServingStatus of a
> keyword; as far as I understand, there is no API to get this value *without
> actually adding the keyword* to an ad group?
> Is it a problem if I batch add/reload/delete millions of keywords in a
> single ad group to get all the serving statuses? I would do this as part of
> a batch job before syncinc the ELIGIBLE ones to a bunch of other, permanent
> ad groups.
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Benjamin
>
> On Friday, May 26, 2017 at 5:15:48 AM UTC+2, Thanet Knack Praneenararat
> (AdWords API Team) wrote:
>>
>> Hello Benjamin,
>>
>> It turns out that you've not got any search volumes because there are no
>> search volumes at all for those keywords.
>> That's why the API servers don't return a value.
>>
>> Hope this help.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Thanet, AdWords API Team
>>
>> On Wednesday, May 24, 2017 at 7:59:22 PM UTC+9, Thanet Knack
>> Praneenararat (AdWords API Team) wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Benjamin,
>>>
>>> Let me confirm with engineering why the search volumes are not returned.
>>> Will get back to you once I get more information.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Thanet, AdWords API Team

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/353d3261-4cd5-46d5-bb18-8b242df5e3ca%40googlegroups.com.
  • How ... Benjamin Morel
    • ... 'Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
      • ... Benjamin Morel
        • ... 'Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
          • ... Benjamin Morel
            • ... 'Shwetha Vastrad (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum
              • ... Benjamin Morel
                • ... 'Thanet Knack Praneenararat (AdWords API Team)' via AdWords API Forum