That happens more and more.  People call because some app alerts them on their
phone that their home Internet is down.  Like their Ring doorbell app.

It’s the residential equivalent of the hell I used to go through on business
accounts through DSR.  Like, on a Sunday night.

DSR:  This is the helpdesk for <company>, we show our site in <city> down.

Me:  There are storms in our area, does your site have power?

DSR:  I don’t know.

Me:  Do you have a contact number for someone on site I can talk to?

DSR:  I don’t know.

Me:  If I dispatch out, can someone meet our tech at the site?

DSR:  I don’t know.