I just don't want to argue with you because I think you are unreasonable and
almost impossible to get through to.

Dave

On Aug 8, 2010 1:41 PM, "Mike Tintner" <tint...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

There is nothing visual or physical or geometric or quasi geometric about
what you're saying - no shapes or forms whatsoever to your idea of
"patterns" or "chair" or "sitting". Given an opportunity to discuss physical
concretes - and what actually physically constitutes a chair, or any other
concept/class-of-forms is fascinating and central to AGI - you retreat
into vague abstractions while claiming to be interested in visual AGI.

Fine, let's leave it there.

 *From:* David Jones <davidher...@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Sunday, August 08, 2010 4:12 PM

To: agi
Subject: Re: [agi] How To Create General AI Draft2

:) what you don't realize is that patterns don't have to be strictly limited
to the actual physical structure.

In fact, the "chair" patterns you refer to are not strictly physical
patterns. The pattern is based on how the objects can be used, what their
intended uses probably are, and what most common effective uses are.

So, chairs are objects that are used to sit on. You can identify objects
whose most likely use is for sitting based on experience.

If you think this is not a sufficient refutation of your argument, then
please don't argue with me regarding it anymore. I know your opinion and
respectfully disagree. If you don't accept my counter argument, there is no
point to continuing this back and forth ad finitum.

Dave