Damien Sullivan wrote:
> Hi!  I joined this list recently, figured I'd say who I am.  Well,
> some of you may know already, from extropians, where I used to post a
> fair bit :) or from my Vernor Vinge page.  But now I'm a first year
> comp sci/cog sci PhD student at Indiana University, hoping to work on
> extending Jim Marshall's Metacat in Hofstadter's lab.  Nothing much
> has really happened beyond hope and a few meetings and taking his
> group theory class.  I've been reading Eliezer's _Levels_ pages, and
> having Andy Clark's _Being There_ around, but mostly my life has been
> classes.  Mostly the OS class, actually.  Sigh.
>
> -xx- Damien X-)
>
> -------
> To unsubscribe, change your address, or temporarily deactivate your
> subscription, please go to
> http://v2.listbox.com/member/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Damien,

Hi.  I'm am quite interested in Jim's Metacat also.  It's on my To-Do list
to get it running under linux... but the way my workload is going I think
Jim will get his planned re-write done first. :)    It would be interesting
to hear about what new directions Metacat is going in.  Welcome to the list.

Michael Roy Ames

please go to http://v2.listbox.com/member/?[EMAIL PROTECTED]