I didn't intend this to become a monthly advertisement for Dell, but if
someone comes up with more bang-for-the-buck (BFTB) from someone else I
would be very interested.

The February 2003 most BFTB system ran $399, this month you have to spend a
little more to get the best deal.

$499 including Free shipping.
Dell Dimension 2350 Series:  Intel Celeron Processor at 1.80GHz
 Memory:   256MB DDR SDRAM
 Keyboard:  Dell Quietkey Keyboard
 Monitor:  New 17 in (16.0 in v.i.s., .27dp) E772 Monitor
 Video Card:  Integrated Intel Extreme 3D Graphics
 Hard Drive:  30GB Value Hard Drive
 Floppy Drive and Additional Storage Devices:  3.5 in Floppy Drive
 Operating System:  Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
 Mouse:  Dell 2-button scroll mouse
 Network Interface:  Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
 Modem:  56K PCI Data/Fax Modem
 CD or DVD Drive:  48x Max CD-ROM Drive
 Sound Card:  Integrated Audio
 Speakers:  New Harman Kardon HK-206 Speakers
 Bundled Software:  WordPerfect Productivity Pack with Quicken New User
Edition
 Digital Music:  Dell Jukebox powered by MUSICMATCH
 Digital Photography:  Dell Picture Studio Image Expert Standard
 Limited Warranty, Services and Support Options:  1Yr Ltd Warr plus 1Yr
At-Home Service + 90Days Dell SecurityCenter (McAfee)
 Internet Access Services:  6 Months of EarthLink Internet Access
FREE! Lexmark X75 Inkjet Printer

After we have a few more data points we can discuss how best to graph the
power/price function as it applies specifically to the AGI application.

Mike Deering, Director
www.SingularityActionGroup.com