Ben,

> I think that emotions in humans are CORRELATED with value-judgments, but are
> certainly not identical to them.
>
> We can have emotions that are ambiguous in value, and we can have strong
> value judgments with very little emotion attached to them.

That is reasonable. As I said in my first post on this topic,
there is variation in the way people define "emotion". The
quotes from Edelman and Crick show some precedence for
defining emotion essentially as value, but it is also common
to define emotion more in terms of expression or physiological
response.

Cheers,
Bill