I am trying to understand this issue...

Isn't "Causality Decision Theory" the basis of legal law Decision?

Someone was the Cause of the accident therefore they were the Cause of the
accident... even some courts award based upon the mediating circumstances
of those causes... Who gets what part of the blame?

The factors within any given Knowledge base are causal for the expert
opinions and the level of any AI system using that knowledge base.

The classical example was given in medical knowledge...
When the patent is bleeding, attach a tourniquet between the blood loss
wound and the heart...
If the subject is bleeding from the leg or foot, apply tourniquet to upper
part of leg.

If the subject is bleeding from the arm, apply the tourniquet above the
wound.

If the subject is bleeding from the head apply the tourniquet around the
neck...
woops that logic has dire causal consequences...
but it does stop blood loss....
I can't breath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dan Goe