But Shane, your 19 year old self had a much larger and more diverse
volume of data to go on than just the text or speech that you
ingested...

I would claim that a blind and deaf person at 19 could pass a
Turing test if they had been exposed to enough information over
the years.  Especially if they had the ability to read everything
that was ever spoken to them.  So I don't see why you would
need a corpus billions of times larger than this, as you suggested.

And, of course, your ability to predict your next verbal response is
NOT a good indicator of your ability to adaptively deal with new
situations...

All I'm talking about is predicting well enough to pass a Turing
test... that was my claim:  That with an amazingly good compressor
my life's spoken and written words you could construct a machine
that would pass a Turing test.

I do not assume that an outstanding compressor of your verbal inputs
and outputs would necessarily be a great predictor of your future
verbal inputs and outputs -- because there is much more to you than
verbalizations.  It might make bad errors in predicting your responses
in situations different from ones you had previously experienced... or
in situations similar to situations you had previously experienced but
that did not heavily involve verbiage...

But if it can't make good predictions to random questions given to
me in a Turing test, then it's not an "amazingly good compressor"
of the first 20 years of my life.  Indeed the first 20 years of my life
would involve tens of thousands of conversations, and I presume on
all of them my responses would have been good enough to pass a
Turing test.

Shane