Your twin example is not a good choice. The upload will consider itself to have
a claim on the contents of your life - financial resources for example.

Eugen Leitl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:  On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 07:09:22AM
-0700, Eric B. Ramsay wrote:

> The more problematic issue is what happens if you non-destructively
> up-load your mind? What do you do with the original which still

It's a theoretical problem for any of us on this list. Nondestructive
scans require medical nanotechnology.

> considers itself you? The up-load also considers itself you and may
> suggest a bullet.

How is that different from identical twins? I hope you're not suggesting
suicide to your twin brother.

--
Eugen* Leitl leitl http://leitl.org