On 5/13/07, Mike Tintner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

 Here's a link to a lecture of his that's clearer than anything I've read
(incl. the book):

http://mitworld.mit.edu/video/316/

Bottom line: his system can recognize simple objects from outline drawings
- like "dog", "cup." That seems to be the only concrete claim he's making
right now. There's no indication it can yet do anything more - like,
say. recognize simple movements ("dog bite", "cup fall") or recognize
objects from more complex photos  Am I correct here?

Secondly: he seems to be claiming that NO visual object recognition system
has achieved this before. If so, is he correct?

I'm not sure how many people have **tried** to make software systems that
recognize outline drawings...

Most vision researchers have focused more on recognition of images in
photos...

Probably if other researchers tried to tune their systems to recognize
outline drawings, they could...

-- Ben G