http://mind.sourceforge.net/Mind.html

The most advanced Open Source AI Mind project
in the world needs the science fiction film makers
of tomorrow to make graphic displays of artificial
thinking in progress today.

Imagine yourself interacting with an artificial Mind
and being able to look inside that Mind and seeing
the awesome power of thought itself racing hither and
yon across the AI mindgrid. How much more science-
fictionesque can you get? From now on in, as we
approach the Technological Singularity brought to you
free of charge and freight-on-board by the SourceForge
Mind project, it is possible not only to create artificial
Minds in almost any computer programming language,
but also to insert hooks and tags into the AI Mind
source code so as to make the mind machinery visible
to onlookers. All we need is graphic artists who will
dare to stretch the limits of their imagination in
devising ways and means to burst the psychic mental
pathways wide open and hallucinate publicly in movie
theaters and AI labs where the living, thinking robot
brains pulse and quiver with each thought and each
scintilla of artificial emotion. Color coding? You betcha!
Let four million colors surpass the visual acuity of the human eye.
Animation? Sorry, it's not just animation, it's the real thing,
the Thing That Ate The Pentagon and mesmerized the general staff
with its strobing, probing mass hysteria of superintelligence
trying to reason with the woefully inadequate mind of man who
created it but could not keep up with it. At stake here are
Pulitzer prizes, Emmy awards and Oscars, careers a go-go and the
approval of your co-workers mingled with the hatred of the envious.

But let's start out simple. Point MSIE (Microsoft Internet Explorer,
por favor) at the AI Mind in JavaScript and observe how the AI thinks
in Tutorial Mode. Think you can execute the thought-display better?
Then what's stopping you?!! If you need to, abandon JavaScript and
recode the entire AI Mind in your favorite computer graphics display
language. Standards? We don't need no steenking standards. While
you're at it, make your own version of the AI so much better than
all previous versions that it and you become the king-of-the-hill
that everybody else is trying to dislodge and surpass. Be the best!
Be the challenge that everybody else has to emulate or evaporate.

The JavaScript Mind.html shows only the spread of activation from
concept to concept during the course of thinking. We need to show
an entire conceptual mindgrid in a multicolored graphics display,
so that the engineers and the thought-police and the throngs of
movie-goers may see quiescent slumbers of the sleepy mind punctuated
with storms of Beethovenesque fury and creativity. By the way, are you
by any chance a reincarnation of Igor Stravinsky or Lord Matchabelli?
We need not just graphics display, but musical freaking accompaniment!
Tone poems? You bet your twelve beeps and bangles, Joe.
Fortunatam natam te artifice Romam. Ars gratia artis. Vita brevis!
And you do not have to join the SourceForge Mind project. Roll your own,
and set the world afire like Stravinsky did in Paris a 100 years ago.

Hey you, John Lennon! Can you imagine a movie where the audience
walks in, and they think they are going to see a frozen,
unchanging work of art like "War of the Worlds" or "Forbidden
Planet" and they sit back complacently ready to judge
the skill and talent of the studio. But the movie involves
an artificial brain, and the AI brain is not something of
the past, recorded immutably in the digital data stream,
but rather it is an artificial Mind right there in the theater
with them and they, the audience, are but actors on a stage
playing their role in interaction with the god-machine that
you the graphic artist created? Oh, Johnnie, you died too
soon and we hardly knew you.

Maybe this kind of computer graphics work is too dangerous.
Maybe we should not venture into fields of unleashable forces
too mighty and too powerful for our own good as the dominant
species on a green little planet, a speck of blue in the
Universe and Dr. Einstein. I dunno. You decide. If you
go for it, put your work on a Web site somewhere.
Write your speech for the Academy Awards. Just remember --
the bar has been raised, the genie has escaped from the bottle,
and Things will never be the same.

http://mentifex.virtualentity.com/graphelp.html