On 6/2/07, Samantha  Atkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
3.  Suppose someone (a developer) wants to take a result and implement
it?  The developer will have to pay a license fee to the contributors, the
fee being proportional to the total estimated worth of its "constituents".

A result?   A group of ideas and theory is not a result in my mind until
it is successfully implemented.  As the developer would be more or less
working for free or for far less than her normal rate I think it is
ludicrous that she also be expected to pay for ideas to develop.

Yes, it's better to let developers pay with shares of the *future* software
product.

4.  Also, everyone who participates, must sign a non-disclosure and
non-competitive agreement (NDA & NCA).  There should also be some way to
verify the person's identity.

Non-disclosure is one thing.  But I will not promise to never branch out
on my own using in part things I have learned.  I will not shackle my mind
like that and certainly not without compensation.

That's a good point...  It may be difficult for a member to pull out when
all the ideas are interlocked.

So let's scrape the anti-competition bit and replace it with this clause:
members are allowed to branch out on their own projects as long as they pay
(again with shares) for the ideas previously submitted to the official
project.  Perhaps also set an expiry period of 5-10 years for this.

"Payment in the form of shares" is unlikely to be a great burden, at least
they'd not be debilitating...

6.  If something is deemed patent-worthy, the patent will be collectively
owned as in (2).  The licensing price will be set analogous to (2), so it
won't be outrageous.

It looks like the brainstormers and idea people get some ownership but
implementors get less than zilch as they have to pay to participate.  Was
that on purpose?

No... let me refine this:

a)  developers can pay with future shares, so there's no up-front costs to
them, or just a small cost
b)  in fact, the whole scheme can be extended to developers by treating code
and ideas the same way.  So the distinction between design
and implementation would be blurred.  There could be many developers working
on different branches at the same time...

YKY