On 04/06/07, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> One possible method of becoming an AGI tycoon might be to have the
> main core of code as conventional open source under some suitable
> licence, but then charge customers for the service of having that core
> system customised to solve particular tasks.

Uh, I don't think you're getting this.  Any true AGI is going to be able to
customize itself . . . . (that's kind of the point)

Well, humans have a kind of general intelligence and can also to some
extent modify their own knowledge/situation.  Having a general ability
to adapt doesn't necessarily mean that you're are automatically an
expert in all domains.  Humans usually need some training or
familiarisation before they can perform well at any given job, and I
expect the same will be true for AGIs, at least initially.  Of course
AGIs will have many advantages which we do not, being able to transfer
acquired knowledge more easily.