On 6/5/07, Mark Waser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Using a non-existent AGI to rate contributions... is not a realistic
idea.

Ok, I'll bite.  Why not?

It seems that you're just using the promise that there'll be a future AGI
(and so presumably credits can be assessed more objectively, which I agree)
but in reality you're using traditional, opaque managerial practices to run
the company.  This is not the way to attract a large number of
participants.  The point of my proposal is recruit *many more* participants
than traditional companies.  I believe AGI will need the collaboration of
many individuals.

In a traditional startup the founders can exercise much more control but
they also need to work much harder to be a competent leader.  If their
startup is successful they usually get disproportionately rich because the
non-linear effects that Bill Gates so famously talked about, while the rest
of the regular employees receive a "linear" wage.  Under my
proposal, basically all participants can enjoy the nonlinear leverage of the
project's success, depending on the amount of their contributions (and the
attribution mechanism).  Anyway, I see this as an improvement over
traditional startups / partnerships.

Let's do a joint project -- I need people to help me ;)

YKY