Your brain can be simulated on a large/fast enough von Neumann architecture.
From the behavioral perspective (which is good enough for AGI) - yes,
but that's not the whole story when it comes to human brain. In our
brains, information not only "is" and "moves" but also "feels".

It's my belief/contention that a sufficiently complex mind will be conscious and feel -- regardless of substrate.

It's meaningless to take action without feelings - you are practically
dead - there is just some mechanical device trying to make moves in
your way of thinking. But thinking is not our goal. Feeling is. The
goal is to not have goal(s) and safely feel the best forever.

Feel the best forever is a hard-wired goal. What makes you feel good are hard-wired goals in some cases and trained goals in other cases. As I've said before, I believe that human beings only have four primary goals (being safe, feeling good, looking good, and being right). The latter two, to me, are clearly sub-goals but it's equally clear that some people have mistakenly raised them to the level of primary goals.

If you can't, then you must either concede that feeling pain is possible for a
simulated entity..
It is possible. There are just good reasons to believe that it takes
more than a bunch of semiconductor based slots storing 1s and 0s.

Could you specify some of those good reasons (i.e. why a sufficiently large/fast enough von Neumann architecture isn't sufficient substrate for a sufficiently complex mind to be conscious and feel -- or, at least, to believe itself to be conscious and believe itself to feel <and isn't that a nasty thought twist? :->)?