From: a [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2007 4:19 PM
To: agi@v2.listbox.com
Subject: Re: [agi] Religion-free technical content & breaking the small
hardware mindset

With googling, I found that older people has lower IQ
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/05/060504082306.htm
IMO, the brain is like a muscle, not an organ. IQ is said to be highly
genetic, and the heritability increases with age. Perhaps that older
people do not have much mental stimulation as young people?

IMO, IQ does not measure general intelligence, and does not certainly
measure common sense intelligence. The Bushmen and Pygmy peoples have an
average IQ of 54. (source: http://www.rlynn.co.uk/) These IQs are much
lower than some mentally retarded and down syndrome people, but the
Bushmen and Pygmy peoples act very normal.

Yes, IQ is a sensitive and controversial topic, particularly the racial
differences in IQ.

"my ability to recall things is much worse than it was twenty years ago"
Commonly used culture-free IQ tests, such as Raven Progressive Matrices,
generally measure visualspatial intelligence. It does not measure
crystallized intelligence such as memory recall, but visualspatial fluid
intelligence.

I do not take IQ tests importantly. IQ only measures visualspatial
reasoning, not auditory nor linguistic intelligence. Some mentally
retarded autistic people have extremely high IQs.

http://v2.listbox.com/member/?&;