Hi,

The Texai system, as I envision its deployment, will have the following
characteristics:

        * a lot of processes
        * a lot of hosts
        * message passing between processes, that are arranged in a
hierarchical control system

        * higher level processes will be deliberative, executing compiled
production rules (e.g. acquired skills)
        * lower level processes will be reactive, even so far as not to contain
any state whatsoever, if the sensed world itself will suffice
        * some higher level processes on each host will be agents of the Host
Resource Allocation Agency and will have the learned skills sufficient to
optimally allocate host resources (e.g. CPU cores, RAM, KB cache) on behalf of
other processes (i.e. agents)
        * I have not yet thought much about how these resources should be
allocated except to initially adopt the scheduling algorithms used by the Linux
OS for its processes (e.g. each process has a priority, schedule the processes
to achieve maximum use of the resources, allow real-time response for processes
that must have it, do not allow low priority processes to starve, etc.)
Cheers.
-Steve

 Stephen L. Reed

Artificial Intelligence Researcher