On Thursday 04 September 2008, Matt Mahoney wrote:
> Another aspect of embodiment (as the term is commonly used), is the
> false appearance of intelligence. We associate intelligence with
> humans, given that there are no other examples. So giving an AI a
> face or a robotic body modeled after a human can bias people to
> believe there is more intelligence than is actually present.

I'm still waiting until you guys could show me a psychometric test that
has a one-to-one correlation with the bioinformatics and
neuroinformatics and then thus could be approached with a physical
model down at the biophysics. Otherwise the 'false appearance of
intelligence' is a truism - intelligence is false. What then? (Would
you give up making brains and such systems? I'm just wondering. It's an
interesting scenario.)

- Bryan
http://heybryan.org/
Engineers: http://heybryan.org/exp.html