Mike,

Just some clarification. When a mention "mentalism" i refer to the
performing arts, not the brach of psychologic studies.

The known facts I mentioned are found in the mentalist literature and
confirmed only by the experience of the mentalists and magicians of
that community. Often they claim to base their acts on scientific
studies but fail to present any bibliografical reference. As I've
never been able to track down a single controlled study to confirm
these claims, I deem any number (usually very high) they give to be
bogus ;) Also those tricks usually are not presented in the crude form
as on the video. A good performer usually have a fallback plan for
when the averaging fails.

My reply just a attempt to alert you that most of those tricks are
based on chance and that I think it isn't a good idea to base
discussions on properties of mind on them. Of course, it could inspire
some controlled experimentation on association.

--
[]´s
Acilio.