Hi,

>> > There isn't much that an MIMD machine can do better than a similar-sized
>> > SIMD machine.
>>
>> Hey, that's just not true.
>>
>> There are loads of math theorems disproving this assertion...
>

> Oops, I left out the presumed adjective "real-world". Of course there are
> countless diophantine equations and other math trivia that aren't
> vectorizable.
>
> However, anything resembling a brain in that the process can be done by
> billions of slow components must by its very nature vectorizable. Hence, in
> the domain of our discussions, I think my statement still holds

I'm not so sure, but for me to explore this area would require a lot
of time and I don't
feel like allocating it right now...

I'm also not so sure our current models of brain mechanisms or
dynamics are anywhere near
accurate, but that's another issue...

>> Indeed, AGI and physics simulation may be two of the app areas that have
>> the easiest times making use of these 80-core chips...
>

> I don't think Intel is even looking at these. They are targeting embedded
> applications.

Well, my bet is that a main app of multicore chips is ultimately gonna
be gaming ...
and gaming will certainly make use of fancy physics simulation ... and
I'm betting it will
also make use of early-stage AGI...

ben g