Well, this whole chapter of the wikibook deals with these issues...

http://www.opencog.org/wiki/OpenCogPrime:WikiBook#Probabilistic_Evolutionary_Learning

most of that chapter is about various strategies for using background
knowledge to guide probabilistic evolutionary learning

As you note From complexity to creativity is a theoretical work, not a work
of AI design...

ben

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 5:54 AM, Mike Tintner <tint...@blueyonder.co.uk>wrote:

>  Ben:"unlike with CopyCat, there is a coherent body of theory explaining
> why it could be expected to work.All this is very explicitly explained in
> the OpenCogPrime book (and in the Novamente book that you read before
> that)."
>
> If it's not too much, could you point me to the relevant sections? (I
> presume you wouldn't argue that From Complexity to Creativity - to which
> I still intend to  return - offers such explanations for its ideas. So I'd
> be v. interested).

Ben Goertzel, PhD
CEO, Novamente LLC and Biomind LLC
Director of Research, SIAI
b...@goertzel.org

"I intend to live forever, or die trying."
-- Groucho Marx