Mike,

There is a very fundamental flaw in your response, which I will explain. I
suggest/request that you re-post while addressing the flawed issue:

You presume that I (and/or Eddie) have ANY interest in creating an AGI. I
don't, and I don't think that Eddie does. What Eddie and I are trying to do
here is *ONLY* to "crack" the self-organization challenge, as there appears
to be some subtle principle at work, that so far has eluded everyone. Once
understood, that piece will become a critical part of:
1.  Neuroscience, as most of the neurons in our brains must obey that
principle.
2.  Neuromorphic math, as all truly intelligent systems must obey that
principle.
3.  AGI, as one of hundreds, perhaps thousands of critical pieces that they
are missing.

In short, I agree that this approach is probably too simplistic to divine
all that is needed to make human-level AI to work, at least probably not in
the next century.

Note that #1 and #2 together might just be enough that, with adequate
diagramming machinery, to start things moving down the very long path to
uploading/downloading, which I think is a fundamentally easier target than
AGI because most prospective errors are "self-correcting", presuming of
course that you aren't all that interested in perfection of copying.

BTW, I agree with just about everything you said in your posting, and
further agree that this is probably NOT enough to ever get AGI to work.
However, it probably will be enough to trash all present AGI efforts, and
force everyone now working on them to do a "system restart".

Yours was a good shot, only it was at the wrong target. Reading it was
almost like reading one of my own prior postings.

In short, you're preaching to the choir.

Steve