notice how you said *context* of the conversation. The context is the real
world, and is completely missing. You cannot "model" human communication
using text alone. The responses you would get back would be exactly like
eliza. Sure, it might be pleasing to someone that has never seen AI before,
but its certainly not answering any questions.

This reminds me of the Bing search engine commercials where people ask a
question and get responses that include the words they asked about, but in a
completely wrong context.

Predicting the next word and understanding the question are completely
different and cannot be solved the same way. In fact, predicting the next
word is altogether useless (at least by itself) in my opinion.

Dave