MindForth Programming Journal (MFPJ)

Wed.22.SEP.2010 -- Solving the Missing "seq"

Yesterday we solved the problem of the missing "seq" tags
rather quickly, when we noticed that each time point with
a missing "seq" was just outside the search-range of ten
time-points as specified in the InStantiate mind-module.
When we increased the search-range by one time-point,
from ten to eleven as seen in the code below, the problem
disappeared.

lackseq @ 1 = IF  \ if set one loop ago
\ t @ 10 -  t @ 4 -  DO  \ go back about ten engrams
\ t @ 11 -  t @ 4 -  DO  \ go further back; 21sep2010
  t @ 12 -  t @ 4 -  DO  \ go further back; 21sep2010

We added one more time-point to the search-range for the
sake of safety. We realize that we may eventually need
to declare something like a limitless search-range,
which should serve quite well, since the search is
abandoned after the first successful hit.

3 Wed.22.SEP.2010 -- Mother of all Singularities

Yesterday's missing-seq bug was not showing up in the
behavior of the AI, but its very presence was alarming
and unsettling to us Singularitarian AI coders. Now we
turn our relieved attention to the new bug du jour,
the problem which we have already Web-published on
20 September 2010 by posting the following exchange.

Human: you are software
Robot: SOFTWARE  ARE  THE  SOFTWARE

The response of the robot AI is in violation of our
long-standing mandate that the introduction of a previously
unknown noun should cause the AI to ask a "WhatIs" question
about the new concept. Apparently the conceptual activations
are so out of whack that the WhatIs module is not being
triggered by the input of the noun "software" above.
We merely note this problem in passing on to a more serious
problem, the fact that the word "SOFTWARE" is undergoing
unwarranted neural inhibition during the clumsy AI response.
We will ignore but not fail to notice the wrong be-verb form.

As we troubleshoot the weak but world's most powerful AI Mind,
we have eleven windows open on our screen so that we may call
up a wide range of helpful files while we are coding off-line --
not currently connected to the 'Net. The first window is our
current MFPJ page, which we are composing by typing into the
second window. Window seven is a text file of our penultimate
AI source code, in which we may examine the whole MindForth AI
program as it stood in its most recent release to the Web,
while we alternate among running Win32Forth in a twelfth window
for MS-DOS, viewing the output in a thirteenth window, and now
and then editing the newest source code in a fourteenth window.
La forza del destino has placed on our non-Atlantic shoulders
the task of coding the mother of all Singularities with extreme
caution and with due diligence. Until it turns out that the
Daughters of the American Revolution have been coding in secret
a colossal Forbin-esque AI that will swamp all our puny efforts,
we operate on the assumption that the future of AI evolution
will not be in safe hands until so many AI labs are at work
that we can no longer single-handedly ruin the AI emergence by
taking a wrong turn into a blind AI alley. Therefore we now
inspect the code in window seven and we look for a reason why
our recently published output is unwarrantedly being subjected
to neural inhibition.

--
http://robots.net/person/AI4U/diary/45.html