> On Mar 16, 2024, at 5:38 PM, nix via agora-business
> <agora-busin...@agoranomic.org> wrote:
>
> I assign CFJ 4056 to Gaelan.

Some preliminary thoughts; arguments on any of these points (or any points I
missed) are welcome.

The argument for TRUE is, broadly, that message 327 created a power-4.9 rule
(“SILENCE”) which makes public messages “NULL AND VOID”; this would likely make
it impossible to take any actions.

For this to have worked, the following things must be true:
- The creation of SILENCE worked.
  - Snail’s dictatorship rule “Public Speaking” existed.
    - Proposal 22n’t was adopted. (message 223; appears undisputed)
  - Snail’s dictatorship rule “Public Speaking” had at least power 3.
    - Proposal 23n’t was adopted. (messages 324)
      - The proposal was correctly distributed, despite “23n’t” allegedly not
being
        a valid ID number (see messages 312, 315, 361)
      - Janet had at least 9 blots.
        - Janet was granted 100 blots for a crime of HIGH TREASON. (message 285)
          - Janet was guilty of HIGH TREASON.
            - E objected to an intent tabled by snail. (messages 275 and 276)
          - At least one rule "Oh how the” was created via snail’s dictatorship.
            (message 256)
            - Snail’s dictatorship worked. (See points above)
          - “I investigate so-and-so and grant them x blots” is a valid synonym
            for “I investigate so-and-so, specifying x as the number of blots”.
          - Investigating an infraction does not require any specification of
            when the infraction occurred.
      - Kate’s festivity scam didn’t work.
  - Creating a power-4.9 rule works, despite Rule 2141’s statement that “Every
    current rule has power between 0.1 and 4.0 inclusive.” (I see no attempt
    to amend this.)
  - Rule 105’s four-day requirement did not apply.
    - Proposal 23n’t, which removed this provision, was adopted. (see above)
  - Rule 1698’s ossification protections did not apply.
    - Snail repealed rule 1698 by prognostication. (message 325)
      - Snail’s dictatorship worked and had at least power 3. (see above)
      - Rule 105’s four-day requirement did not apply. (see above)
- With SILENCE in effect, Agoran’t was indeed ossified.
  - Saying public messages "are NULL AND VOID, and have no effect on the game”
    has the intended effect.
  - There is no way to change the rules (or pass proposals) without sending
    public messages.

Proposals 24n’t and 1001 would have done the same thing as 23n’t; proposals
25n’t and 1000 would have set Public Speaking to P2. But I see no attempt to
resolve any of these.

Gaelan