On 22/03/2024 00:01, Gaelan Steele via agora-discussion wrote:
> I proto-create the following proposal:
>
> {{{
> Title: One from the archives
> Author: Gaelan
> AI: 1
>
> Re-enact rule 417, with the following text: {
>   The Archivist is an office; its holder is responsible for ensuring
>   the continued availability of documents of historical interest.
>
>   The archivist’s monthly report contains:
>     * instructions for accessing the most complete available
>       collections of:

I would make this "...accessing reasonably complete available
collections..." to remove culpability if there are archives the
Archivist is unaware of or chooses not to recognise as official for some
other reason.

I would also capitalise this bullet point to match the others (or remove
the capitals from all the others, as you prefer).

>       * Texts of each historic rule revision.
>       * Texts of each proposal.
>       * Judicial cases.
>       * Public messages.
>       * Messages to discussion fora.
>       * Theses for which a player was awarded a degree.

I would make this "person" rather than "player" for robustness.

I would also add an extra catch-all point, something like "Any other
Agoran documents e chooses and deems it important to archive."

>     * A description of the completeness of each of the above
>       collections.>
>   The Archivist SHOULD also include in eir monthly report
>   instructions for accessing any other collections of historical
>   interest.
>
>   [I’d like to have some way for the Archivist to reward players
>   for filling in missing records, but I’m not sure about the best
>   way to do that in the current economy.]

IMO the current records are complete enough that significant
contributions are likely to be few and far between, and justify a
higher-level reward than purely economic - patent title or maybe even a
new ribbon (pink? silver? teal? periwinkle?)

> }
>
> Re-title rule 417 to “The Archivist”.
>
> Make Gaelan the Archivist.
Overall, big fan of the idea, let's have more easily-accessible
historical archives. I've picked up a lot of them from having them
linked on occasion in the Discord but it would be nice to have them all
listed in one place, on-list.

-Kate