New Message on AhmedabadUserGroup

From: jacobseb
Message 1 in Discussion

I have been writng a few posts on performing recursive updates in TSQL. SQL
Server limits recursive stored procedures/functions to 32 levels. This series
of posts discuss a few different options to overcome this limitation.

   1. TSQL Lab 10 - Performing recursive updates in SQL Server
[http://www.sqlserverandxml.com/2008/09/writing-recursive-procedure-to-update.html]
   2. TSQL Lab 11 - Writing a recursive procedure to update the count of child
items under each parent category
[http://www.sqlserverandxml.com/2008/09/writing-recursive-procedure-to-update_23.html]
   3. TSQL Lab 12 - Writing a recursive procedure to handle more than 32 levels
[http://www.sqlserverandxml.com/2008/09/writing-recursive-procedure-to-handle.html]
   4. TSQL Lab 14 - Performing a recursive update for more than 32 levels
[http://www.sqlserverandxml.com/2008/09/performing-recursive-update-for-more.html]

RegardsJacob Sebastian, SQL Server MVP

To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail
Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/AhmedabadUserGroup/_emailsettings.msnw

Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member
Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help

For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you
received this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On the
pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail
address will be deleted from this group's mailing list.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]