New Message on AhmedabadUserGroup

From: jacobseb
Message 1 in Discussion

SQL Server - Recursive CTE and Ordering of Hierarchical Result

WE discussed Recursive CTEs in many of the previous posts. Most of the times we
use a recursive CTE to generate a tree/hierarchy and the order of rows are very
important. Each child row should be placed right under the parent node. If this
ordering is not maintained, the result may look incorrect. I have written a
post that explains how to achieve this order. You can find the post here:
http://www.sqlserverandxml.com/2008/10/ordering-hierarchical-data.html

Regards
Jacob Sebastian, SQL Server MVP

To stop getting this e-mail, or change how often it arrives, go to your E-mail
Settings.
http://groups.msn.com/AhmedabadUserGroup/_emailsettings.msnw

Need help? If you've forgotten your password, please go to Passport Member
Services.
http://groups.msn.com/_passportredir.msnw?ppmprop=help

For other questions or feedback, go to our Contact Us page.
http://groups.msn.com/contact

If you do not want to receive future e-mail from this MSN group, or if you
received this message by mistake, please click the "Remove" link below. On the
pre-addressed e-mail message that opens, simply click "Send". Your e-mail
address will be deleted from this group's mailing list.
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]