Hi, AI-Geostats member
In Elliptic Anisotropy we suppose that the Sill parameter of Variogram is fixed and
the Range parametre is varying with direction, in an ellipce. But in practice, usually
Sill is also depends to direction  (more or less). My question is that:
" How can we estimate Sill and Range in all directions by supposing that the sill is
fixed? (With traditional methods in statistics: OLS, WLS,..).
NOTE that in the traditional Variogram Model fitting, where we estimate the range and
the sill in each direction ,seperately, we yield  different sills in different
directions, EVEN THE DATA SIMULATED FROM AN ISOTROPIC RANDOM FIELD!
Yours Sincerely: Y. Waghei
Dep.of Biostatistics
Tarbiat Modarres Un.
Tehran
Tel:8011001-3872

Visit http://www.visto.com.
Find out  how companies are linking mobile users to the
enterprise with Visto.

* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful