Either use Gstat (www.gstat.org) or/and gslib (www.gslib.com).

Both maybe not as user friendly in the sense of nice GUIs as the software
you used so far. but they are very powerful and provide lots of methods
and oportunities to solve spatial stats problems. It is worth using them.
And they are free :-)

there are also quite a number of possibilities in R (S-Plus clone)
(www.r-project.org). But I do not know much about the modules. But R is
worth using anyway because it is a quite powerful statistics software,
maybe the most powerful at the moment. And it is free again.

Regards, Ulrich

On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Sigrun Kværnø wrote:

> ** Reply Requested When Convenient **
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> I don't have much experience with geostatistics, but from now on I will use it in my
>PhD-study on spatial variability in soil physical properties and hydrological
>processes. I've been looking for the "ultimate" software for some time now, and I've
>tried GS+ from Gamma Designs and Genstat5 from the Numerical Algorithms Group Ltd. I
>also have access to Arcview spatial analyst (ESRI). My newest data typically show
>significant spatial trends, and some data exhibit very distinct periodicity. I'd be
>very greatful to get some advice on what software to choose (unfortunately I'm not
>very good at programming...), and also some comments on your experiences with the
>already mentioned programs.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
> Sigrun
>

> Sigrun H. Kværnø
> Centre for Soil and Environmental Research
> Frederik A. Dahls vei 20
> N-1432 Ås
> NORWAY
>

> --
> * As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful

Ulrich Leopold MSc.

Department of Physical Geography
Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics
Faculty of Science
University of Amsterdam
Nieuwe Achtergracht 166
NL-1018WV Amsterdam

Phone: +31-(0)20-525-7456 (7451 Secretary)
Fax:   +31-(0)20-525-7431
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.frw.uva.nl/soil/Welcome.html

Check us also out at:
Netherlands Centre for Geo-ecological Research
http://www.frw.uva.nl/icg

* As a general service to the users, please remember to post a summary of any useful