Hi,

Your question is puzzling.
First, you should clarify what you mean by zero inflated distribution.
Second, a normal score transform should by construction always yield
a set of normal scores with zero mean, hence it is unclear why you
get an average of -1.
Note that if your variable takes only a few values or if there is
a large proportion of data below the detection limit or equal to zero,
a normal score transform that artificially despikes these similar
values might not be the most appropriate approach.

Pierre Goovaerts

Dr. Pierre Goovaerts
President of PGeostat, LLC
Chief Scientist with Biomedware Inc.