Hi Gerald, hello everyone,

"I am not clear wether it is allowed to start a discussion on SIC2004
before it
actually starts."

Any comment, discussion about automatic mapping are of course more than
welcome!!

Actually they are more than urgent since I want to respect all deadlines
and we have only a few days left.

Discussions about automatic mapping would potentially intererest anyone
working in spatial statistics and SIC2004 would certainly benefit from
it. Discussions about the management and organisation of SIC2004 should
be sent directly to me, not to the list .

If you want to contribute to SIC2004 without "playing the best
estimation game", please do not hesitate to submit a manuscript that
would be published in the hardcopy version of SIC2004 (after reviewing
of course).

One thing only so far is sure: SIC2004 will be about automatic mapping
of daily measurements of a variable X (no revelation at this point) and
some prior information will be given to tune all the paramaters in
advance.

We still have to define what prior information to give exactly. A
histogram, other data (subsets of the whole dataset, basic statistics,
repeated measurements of X at the same locations but for other days,
...?)

This is where we are now.

Best wishes and thanks in advance for any feedback,

Gregoire