Well, as the author of the "green bible" I guess I should help out a little bit
here...

The key idea is that there exists an analytical expression that allows you to
compute a priori, for any threshold of a multigaussian random function,
the indicator semivariogram models. You only need to know the threshold
and the normal score semivariogram of the variable. Then, you just compare
the "expected" or "theoretically-derived" indicator semivariogram models
to the "empirical" or "derived from the data" ones.

Note that you don't even need to go through the burden of computing the
"theoretically-derived" indicator semivariogram models to know that the
underlying assumptions of the multigaussian model are not fulfilled.
In many situations, you will notice that your experimental indicator
semivariograms
are not symmetric with respect to the median; for example the 0.1 decile
semivariogram might have a longer range than the 0.9 decile semivariogram.
This happens frequently since the low background values tend to be better
connected in space than the high values...

The next question is "what do we do with that?"... or in other words "How do we
know that the differences between expected and empirical indicator
semivariograms
are significant". You could test it, but I don't think it's worth it in
practice...
Well, cross-validation has taught me that even if the indicator semivariograms
don't
look like expected under the multigaussian model, multigaussian kriging might
still give you better results than indicator kriging.. so it's hard to come up
with
"cast-in-stone" rules regarding the relative merits of parametric and
non-parametric
approaches.. but I am sure that everyone who has some experience with
geostatistics
has already realized that.. As I often say during my short-course,
geostatistics provides
you with a toolbox, and cross-validation and experience will teach you wich
tools
to use in any particular situation...

Cheers,

Pierre