Dear list-readers

We were studying lepidopteran egg parasitism rates in a grid design (on 6 x 24 plants, totally 144) in the field. The idea was to detect influences in terms of directional dependencies of the parasitism rate (variograms), of base parasitism rate (nugget), and of “distance of the effects” (range).

Now egg parasitism rate was quite low and rare due to different problems (meteorological, area, test site, spraying in field, etc) so we have an average of 10-20 % of parasitized eggs (out of 144 points). For some non-spatial statistical testing this was more or less ok.

For the geostatistical work (I was thinking of universal kringing), the number of values is quite little. So I was thinking about transforming them by means of the exponential function (exp^zi), in order to get 144 values and to retransform the result.

Can I proceed in this way or am I completely on the wrong way with this approach?

Thank you very much for you attention.

Best wishes

Christian

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Christian Schlatter

GIS

Pflanzenschutz: Schädlinge – Nützlinge

Forschungsinstitut für biologischen Landbau (FiBL)

Institut de recherche de l'agriculture biologique

Istituto di ricerche dell'agricoltura biologica Research

Institute of Organic Agriculture CH-5070 Frick, Switzerland

Ackerstrasse

CH- 5070 Frick

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Telefon 0041 62 865 72 75

Fax 0041 62 865 72 73

Unsere Homepage:

http://www.fibl.org

http://www.biogene.org

http://www.organicxseeds.com

http://gis.fibl.ch/WWFMap/viewer.htm

* To unsubscribe to ai-geostats, send the following in the subject or in the
body (plain text format) of an email message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Signoff ai-geostats