Dear Mrs. Clark,

As you have mentioned,anisotropy is an important aspect in modeling.
For me one question always,is: although,we have usually rather strong
structures in vertical direction, the horizontal direction is very much vague
and with changing every graphical parameters or search parameters,it is changed
very much.
1-If every change in such parameters affect our models how can we trust them?
2- Is there any possibility to make a link between vertical and horizontal
variograms ( so that we may improve,the horizontal variogram,with the help of
vertical variogram)?
 I would appreciate to have your idea about it.

Kind Regards
E. R. Khojasteh

Isobel Clark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Jamina

  Different software packages have different requirements for defining
anisotropy. Some will allow you to define completely a model for each major
axis of the anisotropy ellipse. The simplest (geometric anisotropy) just accept
anisotropy 'factors' for the range of influence.

  In my experience, "zonal" anisotropy usually indicates geological
non-homogeneity and/or discontinuities. For example, you may have a fult line
which increases the apparent sill when you cross it. Or you may have different
geological zones, again increasing the sill when you cross from one to the
other.

  Isobel
  http://www.kriging.com

Jamina Dogic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        Dear experts,

  I¢ll be very grateful if you can help me with following question.
  I am geologist, and I need to use variogram for ore estimation process. I
have problem with managing data in variography.
   I am looking at variation of cooper content in porphyry type of deposit and
I did variograms in 4 directions. 0,  45, 90 and 135 degrees. I have both
geometric and zonal anisotropy.  My question is connected with final variogram
model, does it means that I need to produce only one model of variogram which
will be suitable for all 4 directions, some kind of average variogram model for
all direction.
   Thanks in advance
  Jasmina Beljic
  Belgrade, Serbia