Enrico,

  we have built an online system to perform this as part of the INTAMAP project
- you can try this here:

http://intamap.geo.uu.nl/~jon/intamap/tryIntamapj.php

If you paste in observations with Gaussian errors (I assume the +/- means one
or two standard deviations - I would check this!) in the form x, y, value,
stddev then our interpolation method (called psgp, which will shortly be
released as an R and C++ library too) will provide a prediction of the mean and
variance using a maximum likelihood Gaussian process method.

The interface on that web page should allow you to try out the system very
simply and the associated web site has details for more interactive ways of
using the service, or installing the system on your own machine.

If you want to have a quick look I suggest using the OMI NO2 data set which
contains error estimates (this could take a little bit of time depending on the
usage of the service!). Note the visualisation is still a little beta, so I
would not entirely trust the legends!

Further details will be added to the web site in the next few weeks!

cheers

Dan

Dr Dan Cornford
Senior Lecturer, Computer Science and NCRG
Aston University, Birmingham B4 7ET

www: http://wiki.aston.ac.uk/DanCornford/

tel: +44 (0)121 204 3451
mob: 07766344953