Hi all,
I'm working on a dataset with points spaced 2km in one direction (N-S), and 8
km in E-W one.
Usually, working on data points equally spaced in all directions, I calculate
the omnidirectional variogram, choosing the right lag value, and then calculate
the directional ones using the same lag used for the omnidirectional variogram,
in order to assess if spatial anisotropy exist, and then get the anisotropy
ratio.
My doubts are:
1) Is this procedure still valid in this case? Or I have to choose different
lag values for directional variogram in N-S and E-W directions?
2) Using different lag values for different directions can I obtain a correct
evaluation of anisotropy ratio?
3) More generally, "must" be the lag distance for directional variograms
always the same of the omnidirectional one?

Best regards
Natan

+