Dear list,

I need references about the application of geostatistics for the resources
estimation of alluvial and placer deposits. If someone in the list has
experiences about it, could you please share it? As you might know
that alluvial
deposits i.e. gold or tin has very high variability in the lateral direction,
so
the resources classification based on the variogram range is seemed to be not
appropriate. Anyway, when we used the kriging standard deviation for resources
classification, the result was seemed to be not reliable.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Best regards,---------------
M. Nur Heriawan
Earth Resources Exploration Research Group
Faculty of Mining and Petroleum Engineering
Institut Teknologi Bandung (ITB)
Jl. Ganesha 10 Bandung 40132 INDONESIA
http://www.mining.itb.ac.id/heriawan

+