[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
My attempts to get Gump going on my machine have so far been successful in the gen and update parts.

With the 'build' all runs ok, except I get a

9:29:33 bootstrap-ant PREQ FAILURE - jaxp
pre-req failure on jaxp for bootstrap-ant

I've searched Google and the mail archives and can't find this error mentioned anywhere.

I'm running on jdk1.4.1_01/ win2k sp3 so jaxp should be in the rt.jar, no?
--
Whilst it is not needed for JDK 1.4, Gump still requires it explicitly. I presume this is because Gump still supports JDK 1.3. To solve this you need to install the JAXP package into your package directory.

If you look at your workspace element, you'll see something like
<workspace basedir="/home/gump/gumprun" pkgdir="/opt"
sync="rsync -r -a --delete" version="0.3">

So, you need to grab the JAXP stuff from sun and install in /opt, or wherever your pkgdir points to.

I downloaded the latest XML pack from Sun recently but this is now newer than that used by Gump, so I symlinked it.

java_xml_pack-summer-02 -> java_xml_pack-summer-02_01

and within that

jaxp-1.2 -> jaxp-1.2_01

Conor