Conor MacNeill wrote:

Works for me on linux, fails on windows.  Here's the -verbose output:

This doesn't make any sense to me...
OK, path separator is at least one issue. I won't have access to a windows box for another week (I'm on leave at the moment - hooray) so I'll try to sort it out then.
Doesn't appear to be a path separator issue. I issue the indicated command directly from the command line, and it appears to do the right thing.

 > I sure hope that gump's build.xml doesn't ever rely on new features that
 > are added to ant...

... cool! And since I always bootstrap and then use the latest version of ant, this won't cause me any problems. ;-)

It seems as if the above two statements (which I have juxtaposed) are contradictory. Is it OK for Gump's build.xml to use unreleased Ant features?
They were meant to be contraditory. You were supposed to connect the dots (literally). ;-)

As long as Gump can bootstrap, I am happy. However, those newbies that you were about to lead down the garden path may find it troublesome...

- Sam Ruby