Hello all,

        this is our first final ALSA release with number 1.0.1. As you all
expected, there are only minor fixes against 1.0.0rc2.

        The 1.0 code is a direct successor of the 0.9 code which firstly
introduced the completely reworked APIs since 0.5 version. Our focus is
to offer a hardware abstraction layer for all kinds of hardware including
proffesional equipment.

        I would like to say a strong THANK YOU to all people who
contributed to this project. Namely: Abramo Bagnara, Takashi Iwai, Paul
Davis, Clemens Ladisch, Massimo Piccioni and all others.

Changes since 1.0.0rc2:

* alsa-driver
  - added --with-redhat switch to force RedHat kernel detection
  - fixed system timer behaviour
  - OSS PCM emulation
    - added OSS_ALSAEMULVER ioctl to identify ALSA driver
    - changed whole-frag (default again) => partial-frag
    - small corrections in snd_pcm_oss_get_ptr()
  - USB audio fix
  - RME9652 - fixed driver load
  - GUS - fixed race - scheduling in interrupt
* alsa-lib
  - added ipc_perm option for direct plugins (dsnoop, dmix, dshare)
  - fixed range settings for simple mixer
  - added asym plugin
  - alisp work (not too much important at the moment)

                                                Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer